16 May 2010

Network Marketing is Service






One out of ten companies in the United States makes service their priority. As a result those with great customer service earn 80% more than the rest of the other companies.

Are you familiar with the 20/80% principle? That is 20% of your best people earn 80% of your company profits? Or 20% of your customers give you 80% of your income? Or 20% of the world’s leading businessmen earn 80% of the world’s money?

When you search the internet these days’ people are clamoring to boost their sales and recruitment in Network Marketing. They grovel and shout to the people how great their business opportunity is; Earn Php15,000 a week, earn money from home,  get rich selling this great product! How are you going to separate yourself from all these useless clutter? Do you have a chance of competing with all of them?

20% of the greatest companies do things differently.

80% of the average businessmen do things the traditional way. That’s why they’re average. Which one are you going to follow? The 80% who earns 20% of what they should earn? Or the 20% who earns 80% of the money?
The Secret is Service

Think of the best company or shop or service that you patronize. Do they serve you in their outmost ability?

I remember going to a gym just to see how well they serve their enrollees. I met my trainer and he charges about 35 pesos per session. It was pretty average in every way. He told me how many lifts to do with this kind of weight, what posture should I do… that kind of stuff.

 I then went to another trainer, who charges 250 per session.  That’s nearly seven times as much the former one. When I went there, the trainer showed me some pretty amazing stuff, he showed me MY potential. He showed me that I can do this. After I went home, I was pretty amazed.

But he wasn’t finished, He called me. How many times do you see a service calling you to follow up on what kind of training you’ve been doing in the past few days? You know what I did? I came back.

Well, that kind of thinking isn’t practical you say. With the way things are going right now with our economy and stuff, it isn’t practical to spend more in this business (Network Marketing). I could just as easily join a cheap Network Marketing Company and get rich doing that you say.

I’ll tell you that it isn’t practical to join a network marketing company who’s not going to serve you. It is never practical to join an Upline who will never serve you. And people won’t stay with you if you’re not going to serve them. They will realize it.

I realized it in my former company. The Upline doesn’t care about my success, he already milked me up when 

I joined and got him his pairing bonus and his direct referral bonus. Why should he care?

Because He’s Average.

I never got one call or text message from him, or any of my other Uplines.

Think about how you can better serve your downlines. And maybe you can be part of the 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment